Greenhouse Garden Birthday

Today I am sharing a special 50th birthday card I have totally CASED from the cover of the new catalogue. It's a lady a works's special 50th birthday this week and we are doing a surprise party/meal for her on Friday evening!! She is so lovely and she really deserves to be spoilt so I spent quite a long time making this card!
I changed it to make it my own by using the top note and the greenhouse garden set and used the new in colours too. So here we go...
Isn't it just devine!! I love it, but like I said it took me forever to get right! I used choc chip as my card base and cut a strip of certainly celery dsp, scrunched it up and sanded it to add some interest. I then used pool party for top note and stamped a flower in calypso coral and the other in wysteria wonder and used choc chip ink for the detailed part of the flower. I always use my stamp-a-ma-jig for this part so that I get it just right!! I added the stem of the flower using lucky limeade ink. I then repeated the two flower heads on some scrap pool party card stock, cut them out amd lay them aside. I stamped the elizabeth stamp (gorgeous stamp!!) to the bottom right of the top note, and then ran this through the polka dots embossing folder and big shot then distressed the edges.
Once that was done, I layered the top note onto some calypso coral card stock and cut around it then distressed the edges again. Now it was ready to be mounted onto the choc chip card base and the spare flowers to be added with a dimentional and I turned the edges to add to the effect.


I then cut a small piece of twill ribbon and frayed the ends and adhered using tombow glue. I used some chip board numbers from my personal collection, covered them in 2 way glue then sprinkled dazzling diamonds onto them. To finish I stamped the greeting (personal collection again) in calypso coral onto wysteria wonder and punched out with the extra large oval punch and distressed the edges again and adhered with dimentionals. The finishing touch was a generous amount of shimmer spray!!

Happy Birthday Lorraine!! xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment